Uttarakhand Civil Services New Examination Pattern & Syllabus for Pre & Main Exam
Preliminary Exam (Objective type)
|S.No.||Subject||Total Questions||Max Marks||Time|
|1||General Studies||150 (1 marks ques)||150||2 hour|
|2||General Knowledge Exam||100 (1.5 marks ques)||150||2 hour|
Main Exam (Written Exam)
|S.No.||Question Paper||Subject||Max Marks||Time|
|1||1st Paper||Language||300||3 hour|
|2||IInd Paper||Indian History, National Movement, Social & Culture||200||3 hour|
|3||IIIrd Paper||Indian Administration, Social Justice & International Relations||200||3 hour|
|4||IVth Paper||India & World Geography||200||3 hour|
|5||Vth Paper||Economic & Social Development||200||3 hour|
|6||VIth Paper||General Science & Technology||200||3 hour|
|7||VIIth Paper||General Interest & Conduct Science||200||3 hour|
Note: Every question paper is compulsory and in Language Paper minimum 35% qualified marks is compulsory.
UPPSC Syllabus 2016
Applicants who are looking for UPPSC Syllabus and UPPSC Prelims/Mains exam pattern so you are a correct place. Here on this we have provided UPPSC Syllabus 2016 along with UPPSC Exam Pattern in Detail. Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is the approved Organization of state government which conducts the competitive exam to hire eligible candidates for filling up various posts in different departments, organizations and ministries in the government.
Selection process of talented contenders will be in three stages. The first stage is Preliminary exam. Prelims Exam comprises 2 papers which are necessary for all the posts. The second phase of Selection procedure is Mains Exam; main exam comprises 4 necessary papers and 1 non-compulsory paper. The third phase of Selection procedure is Viva voice Test.
UPPSC Preliminary Examination consists two paper sections which are mentioned below:
- Current Events of National and International importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and world Geography
- Economic and social Development
- General issues on environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and climate change.
- General Science
How to Make Good Study Habits for Exam
- Interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Elementary mathematics
- General English
- General Hindi
Main Exam Pattern
(A) COMPULSORY SUBJECTS
- General Hindi 150 marks
- Essay 150 marks
- General Studies (i-Paper) 200 marks
- General Studies (ii-Paper) 200 marks
General studies paper – I & Paper – II : Shall be objective type containing 150 questions and for solving the questions two hours time is allowed. For other compulsory and optional papers three hours time is allowed. Two hundred maximum marks has been allotted for each optional question paper.
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER- I
- History of India-Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern2. Indian National Movement and Indian Culture3. Population, Environment and Urbanization in Indian Context4. World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources.
5. Current events of national and international importance.
6. Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce.
7. Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social Customs.
History of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru. The part on current events of national and international importance will include questions also on sports and games.
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER – II
- Indian Polity2. Indian Economy3. General Science (Role of Science and technology in the development of India including science in everyday life)
- General Mental ability.5. Statistical Analysis, Graphs and Diagrams.The part relating to the Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India and Indian constitution. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India. The part relating to role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidates’ awareness in this field Emphasis will be on the applied aspects. The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercise to test the candidates’ ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies limitation or inconsistencies there in.
- C) PERSONALITY TEST (VIVA-VOCE) TOTAL MARKS 200
The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service.